Thinking about what type of license is suitable for jobs?

Crewgo Admin | 24th November 2017

Machinery and equipment are the important part of many businesses, WHS procedures and inductions requirement are now being implemented to minimize risks at work. As well as operate machinery licenses and performing high-risk work licences and different state/territory of Australia has a different licence requirement.

Here are some tips for different licences:

General Construction Induction: (White Card) Part of the Safe Work, Construction Induction card is required nationwide to work within the building and construction industry. All White Cards are mutually recognised in each state/territory of Australia when its issued by the Registered Training Organisation (RTO). However, some business exercises their right to enforce the use of a White Card from a reputable organisation. If you are unsure you can always discuss it with your employer or relevant work health and safety regulatory authority.

Dogging, Rigging and Scaffolding licences: Did you know those licences also require a High Risk Work Licence to perform the related works? All current photographic HRW Licence from an Australian state or territory are recognised nationally.

Forklift Licence: Forklift licence is common and course duration usually between days to a week and it is nationally recognised when is issued by RTO. There are class LF and class LF forklift licences, ensure you have the correct one to perform related works.

Heavy vehicle licence: there are different classes heavy vehicle licence and different states in Australia can be different.

There are classes in LR, MR, HR and HC:

LR is Light Rigid, LR vehicles include small trucks with a gross vehicle mass (GVM) up to 8 tonnes. Any towed trailer must not weigh more than nine tonnes GVM

Buses that seat more than 12 adults including the driver and a GVM up to 8 tonnes

MR is Medium Rigid, MR vehicles include trucks and buses with a GVM more than eight tonnes and two axles, any towed trailer must not weigh more than nine tonnes GVM.

HR is Heavy Rigid, HR vehicles include trucks and buses with a GVM more than eight tonnes, and three or more axles, any towed trailer must not weigh more than nine tonnes GVM. Bendy buses. Even though these vehicles are articulated, they’re treated as rigid vehicles.

HC is Heavy Combination, HC vehicles include articulated vehicles with three or more axles, Heavy rigid vehicle-trailer combinations including unladen dolly, with three or more axles, any towed trailer with a GVM more than nine tonnes.

MC is Multi Combination, MC vehicles include B-doubles, Prime mover, low loader dolly and low loader trailer combinations and Road trains.

NOTE: An Australian state or territory issued car/truck licences are nationally recognized. However, if you moved to the interstate it is required transferring your licence.

Did you love this blog? Share the Love